23-24 March 2024.
CubaDupa is held on Cuba Street and across its neighbouring streets, within Wellington CBD.
Saturday – 12pm to 12am
Sunday – 12pm to 6pm
Yes, CubaDupa prides itself on creating a family friendly event, geared at all ages and demographics.
If you’re 18+ and want to purchase alcohol from one of our licensed areas, yes.
Whether there is sun, wind, sideways rain or all of the above, CubaDupa will go ahead unless the weather is deemed too dangerous and puts audiences at risk.
No. The Cuba Precinct is a liquor ban zone, and regular rules apply. You can however purchase and consume alcohol at any of our designated outdoor licensed areas through the festival zone.
Absolutely. We’ll also be hosting the Fresh Choice Street Feast, bringing the best eateries in the precinct to the streets.
No buskers sorry. CubaDupa is a curated festival and has performances, parades, and installations carefully programmed throughout the site. Therefore we can not facilitate buskers at the festival.
Flyering and sampling are not allowed and cause hazards. If you are a Cuba Street business that wants to be involved at the festival, please email [email protected] to register as a vendor.
- Valid photo ID
- A positive attitude and friendly smile
- Your dancing shoes
- Sun protection
- Your own reusable bag
- A groovy outfit
- Earplugs (if you plan to be up front and centre!)
- Alcohol, it will be on sale across the festival in licensed zones
- Illegal substances
- Plastic – single use bags etc. We are on a mission to become a zero waste event
- Air horns or noise makers
- Flyers, giveaways, samples, promotional items
- Gang regalia
- Explosives or weapons of any kind. This ban includes but is not limited to: guns, ammo, pocket knives, tasers, pepper spray/mace, etc. Off-duty law enforcement or concealed carry permits are also not allowed to bring weapons
- Glass of any kind
There will be information kiosks across the festival. Please refer to our site map available online before the event or at boards during the event. These kiosks will hold water, comms teams, merchandise… There will be radio comms at these kiosks, so if you’re at the wrong one, you’ll be directed to your lost belongings.
CubaDupa is committed to providing an accessible and welcoming experience for festival-goers with specific requirements or additional needs. In February 2024 we will have an audio & video map available on our website to help festival goers prepare and plan their weekend. For any other accessibility enquiries contact: [email protected]
- Parking restrictions will be in place 9pm Friday until 3am Monday within the CubaDupa event footprint.
- If you have a permanent car park within the CubaDupa event footprint you will not be allowed to move your vehicle once the roads are closed for the event, however we will work with you to relocate your park to the outskirts of the festival site if you require vehicle access over the CubaDupa weekend.
- Contact: [email protected]
If you are a business outside of the Cuba Precinct and you want to book a stall at the festival, these have now closed and we are no longer taking applications.
If you are a business within the Cuba St Precinct, please email [email protected].
The schedule will go live on our website under ‘Schedule’ in the month prior to the festival. For sustainability and waste reasons we will not be providing any printed schedules/maps at the event (apart from our big site boards). If you do want your own printed guide, you can find one on the ‘Printable Map & Schedule’ page on our website two weeks prior to the festival that you can print at home.
Submissions for the 2024 festival have now closed.
For artist involvement in 2025 please sign up for our newsletter and be the first to hear when EOI’s open in mid-2024.